Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sofie's First Day of School

So yesterday, I remember thinking. I wonder how many kids are sick for their first day of school. How disappointing that must be to miss such an exciting day. If it was a movie, we would have called it foreshadowing... Let me explain, today I worked a half day, so that I could be there to take Sofie to her first day of school. We got cleaned up. I drove the boys to school. Everything was good.




We went to the bank, got the oil changed in the car, bathed the car, hung out at the house for a while, just killing time waiting for school to start. Sofie and I had talked about it being her first day, and she really wanted a happy meal for lunch. So about 11am, we headed to McDonalds. After getting our food, we sat down to eat. Sofie managed one little bite, and then got sick in McDonalds. So no first day for Sofie today. We headed home, packed up a bag of fresh clothes, and Sofie headed to Grandma's.

So tomorrow, hopefully, will be Fia's first day...

No comments: