Monday, August 2, 2010

Honey Bend Campground


This weekend, we went to a private campground near Litchfield, IL. It is one of the campgrounds that I can remember visiting as a child. And it was relatively the same. Larger trees, more activities, but all in all the same as I remembered. Wade, the kids and I swam, fished, played mini golf... The campground even had a huge slip and slide for the kiddos. The campground staff flooded it with water and dish soap, and all the kids took turns sliding down on their bellies and on inner tubes. It looked like an amazingly good time. However, I thought it was shocking that the kids could slide down in all that dish soap. It would cover their faces and fill their ears. And not one complaint about their eyes. If one drop of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo makes it into their eyes at bath time, all hell breaks lose. But dish soap on the slip and slide.... Not a problem! I took tons of video of the crazies on the slip and slide, so I'll try and figure out how to post them.




1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow! What an awesome slip n' slide. This summer we are going to set up one at our new house - there's a perfect slope and the lot is quite big so I think it'll be a hit. OMG, can't believe S is 4 already!? It looks like she's become much more confident in the water since I last saw her (but...that WAS like 1.5 years ago). Happy belated birthday :-)