
The weather was beautiful for Labor Day Weekend. A little on the chilly side for swimming, but the kids managed to brave the Arctic waters. The evenings felt like fall, but we enjoyed sitting around the fire after dark. It's nice to be able to roast marshmallows without roasting yourself as well. All in all, it was a great farewell to summer. (Shelley we are sending it your way... Enjoy!)Caleb and Rylan LOVE to play in the dirt. And there is nothing wrong with being dirty while you're camping right?
Jake, Noah, Caleb & Rylan enjoyed the long weekend. Noah, Jake and Rylan spent the weekend catching crawdads, frogs and lizards. The kids always enjoy seeing their cousins.
Wade combing all of the burrs out of Syd's hair... Sydney thought it would be a fabulous idea to take an unguided solitary romp through the woods of Missouri. I think she enjoyed the freedom, but she didn't anticipate the hours of grooming it would take to rectify the situation.
It was a weekend full of bugs. Numerous walking sticks, pesky bees, and this scary bug. I made sure I got a great photo of it, so that I could look it up. None of us had ever seen anything like it.The results, it is an ichneumon wasp. Here's the wikipedia link if you are interested. It was a large one, three to four inches long. And just look at that stinger! Ouch!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichneumonoidea
2 comments:
That is one nasty looking bug. And wouldnt want to be stung by that thing.
I agree! Holy Moly - that bug is N-A-S-T-Y. Thanks for sending the warm weather my way....we need it! Bring on summer, and the end of this teaching degree :-)
Post a Comment