Wade and I both love to travel, and we would like the Crazies to share our view. The world is an amazing place, get out there and see it! For all those families who stay so close to home, and never venture away from their home state, I don't get it. Or everyone who puts it off, because they can't afford it. Life has no guarantee, why waste time? Get out there! Wander...Anyways, Stepping off the soapbox.
On Saturday, we arrived at our first official vacation destination. And on Sunday, we took in Mesa Verde National Park. It is located at the southwest corner of the wonderful state of Colorado. It was one of the most interesting places I have ever seen. We toured Cliff Palace, the largest of the structures the early Americans built, and Step House a smaller version. The kids loved it. We had no problem keeping their attention. Only negative, Wade and I were on edge all day. Huge cliffs, no railings. Even on tour routes! Crazy!
I am loving Colorado. I don't think I have ever been to Colorado before, but it was wonderful. Amazingly beautiful, and full of fun and enriching family activities.On Monday, we headed the 15 hours to Yosemite. With a stop at Arches National Park in Utah to break up the day. I had heard of Arches N.P., seen a photo or two, but nothing else. It was as beautiful as our first two stops, but so much hotter. Our first hike up to Delicate Arch (I may have that name wrong) was fire. Kudos to the Crazies for keeping the complaining under control, because I was about ready to give up. It was knock the wind out of you hot! Our second hike, was shorter, more shaded and 100 times easier. I believe it was called Double Arch. I took a ton of photos at both locations, the kiddos were having a wonderful time climbing the huge rocks. We also drove the park and saw the majority of the rock formations. Very impressive.




After Arches we loaded up in the RVs for the remainder of the trip into California. The drive West became treacherous after dark thanks to 100's of COAL BLACK free range cattle, and so we decided to sleep on the "Extraterrestrial Highway" in Nevada. (Totally not making that up...) We rose crazy early and arrived early to Yosemite National Park.Yosemite was absolutely beautiful. I sound like a broken record, I know... The scenery is just amazing to look at. We have been on vacation for 6 days, and I have taken almost 2000 photos. What am I possibly going to do with 2000 photos? (I promise not to put them all on the blog) Glacier Point was my favorite, second only to the whole of Tioga Pass. The only drawback to Yosemite, the wild life is no where to be found. Unless, of course, you are really into squirrels. Which, I'm not! But other than that, amazing place. I would definitely come back, and next time a bear sighting or two would be fabulous.








No comments:
Post a Comment