Saturday, July 9, 2011

Aaahhhh - Vacation has finally arrived

We are FINALLY on vacation. I am going to attempt to keep up the blog while we are gone, but I can't upload photos, so everyone will have to wait for those until we get back. That being said...

We have had a crazy busy few days. We left St Louis late Thursday night and started the marathon drive to Colorado. We arrived to Great Sand Dunes National Park late Friday afternoon, and ended up staying the night at a small RV park outside the gates.
Great Sand Dunes National Park was amazing. The dunes are the largest dunes in North America. I had been to White Sands National Park in New Mexico in college, and I had expected a similar experience. Not even close. The dunes are so much larger here in CO, and the temperature was perfect.
Yeah! We are out of the car!!!
Colorado has been a big surprise for me. And I am loving it. What a beautiful place!

After leaving Great Sand Dunes National Park, we crossed the Rockies on our way to Durango, and ultimately Mesa Verde National Park. We walked around the Historic Downtown area of Durango, ate a fabulous dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant, and then made our way to our campground at Mesa Verde.

Tomorrow Mesa Verde National Park...

No comments: