Monday, July 27, 2009

Meramec Caverns Camping Trip

Wade and I took the kids camping this weekend to Meramec Caverns. It was a short trip, but it was a lot of fun. I hadn't been to Meramec Caverns since I was pretty small, but surprisingly my memory was pretty accurate. The only big difference being that I wasn't claustrophobic when I was little. And I couldn't believe that it bothered me being in the cave. It's a large cave. Nothing at all confining. But I made it, and it was really neat. The kids really liked it as well. The Stage Curtain

The Wine Table

Before climbing the stairs to the wine table we were told that the climb can be hard. And that if we didn't feel that we were up to climbing 58 stairs we could skip this small part of the tour. So after their warning speech about the 58 stairs, the ranger asked if there was anyone who felt that they could not climb the 58 stairs and Sofie yelled at the top of her lungs "Me!"...





Sofie is holding a frog.

No comments: