Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I don't know what you were doing last night, but...

I know where Sofia and I were. Belleville Memorial Hospital Emergency Room. Wanna know why? Well it started out at dinner. Noah and Rylan were not good. Loud voices, not staying in their seats. We were in a restaurant with a primarily older clientele. I could just hear them clicking their tongues and telling the rest of their party that my kids needed their butts spanked. So their punishment for their horrendous behavior was go to bed early. So we got home and I put them to bed. It was only seven o'clock and broad daylight. I knew they weren't sleeping, but they were playing quietly. Then I heard the "oh my gosh someone's REALLY hurt" scream. And it was Fia. So what happened? While playing hide and seek, Sofia hid in the toy box. The toy box has a safety hinge on it to keep from slamming shut on baby fingers. Sofia's arm was pinched in the safety hinge. Turns out, the latch, when it closes sends a pin out which locks into the top of the toy box. Sofia's little baby arm was grabbed by that pin and held. I had to open the lid all the way to get her out. It was bad. I knew immediately we were headed to the ER. Four Stitches and a band aid and we were all fixed up. Here's a post stitches picture. You don't won't to see the before...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor Sofia! That's awful. Hope she feels better soon.