Monday, September 26, 2011

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

El Arco de Cabo San Lucas
Well, this past weekend was our now annual Girl's Trip. Heather, Sheri, Julie and I spent a long weekend poolside in Cabo San Lucas at the beautiful Hilton. I confess, it was my first visit to Cabo San Lucas. The weather was perfect. The restaurants AMAZING!!! And I couldn't have picked more perfect companions for my journey into laziness. Fabulous trip!

Julie and I ventured out into the Sea of Cortez for a few hours of snorkeling. The scenery for the boat ride was absolutely beautiful. We cruised by Cabo's famous Arch.
We saw a family of sea lions...


People were out on the water, parasailing....
One night for dinner, we went into San Jose. The square was decorated for Mexican Independence day which was celebrated on the 16th of September.
The Catholic church was built as a Spanish Mission. It was an amazing sight, and it was wonderful to see that it is still holding Mass, and not mainly a tourist attraction.
We stayed at the Cabo San Lucas Hilton. It was beautiful. And the service was exceptional. Here is a sampling of the many photos I snapped of the swimming pool.

On our last night in Cabo, we ate dinner at the Hacienda Hotel. The restaurant was called Cocina and Cantina. It was my favorite dinner stop of the trip. The location was high up on the beach with fabulous views. And the food, authentic Mexican, was divine. Yum!!


1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh....my...that pool at the Hilton is to DIE FOR. WOW!!!! I need a mexican trip with some girl friends. Hmmm, Fiji maybe? (Mexico's a little far for us)