Thursday, June 2, 2011

May - Part Two The Madness Ends?

Rylan's Kindergarten Field Trip:
Rylan's class spent the day on the move. Our first stop was Rainbow Ranch in Nashville, IL. The second the kids were off the bus Rylan started asking me when we would be able to see the zebras. Zebras? I kept telling him. It's a farm! Zebras are not farm animals, they are zoo animals. Guess who was wrong? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Rylan. As it turns out, Rainbow Ranch is an exotic petting zoo. The animals ran the gamut from the normal farm creatures to full fledged zoo animals. And everything appeared to have laid/birthed a baby in the previous weeks. Baby lambs, baby piglets, baby llamas, baby African deer, baby African cows... And everything was friendly. Even the camels and donkeys. Great place. Rylan and I loved it!

Here's the website if you're interested in checking it out!

http://www.rainbowranchzoo.com/

Rylan and friend pet the camels while Farmer Al keeps watch!
Rylan and his friends feeding the lambs and goats.
Baby Vietnamese Pigs Anyone?
I grew up with horses. Rylan not so much. Farmer Al had to get after him and several of the kids for holding out their fingers to the horses. They quickly flattened out their hands and were allowed to pet the horses!
After Rainbow Ranch, we ate a quick lunch and took a short hike at the Washington County Forest. And then we were off to the Swansea Fire Station. Rylan loved the Fire Station. And his face when he saw the firetruck was pure amazement!
At the end of the field trip all of the kindergarteners posed for a picture in front of the firetruck!
On Thursday, May 19, Sofie graduated from pre-school. She loved performing all of the songs and dances for the graduation. And I have to say, I think it was obvious that she takes dance, she was the only child that danced through every song. She even got back up on stage after it was over, and kept dancing.
Sofie and a couple of her friends from school
Makaya, Rylan & Bradin watch their younger siblings graduate
Sofie's graduation present from Wade, Noah, Rylan and I. I don't think she's supposed to ride it!
And our last big event for the end of May, CAMPING!!!! We met my older sister and her family, and the Humes family in Marble Hill, Missouri. It was a beautiful weekend. We swam, fished and relaxed around the campfire.
Noah caught this huge bass while at Daddy's friend's property, before the rest of us arrived!
Rylan taking a break from swimming
Rylan and Sydney going for a swim
Noah relaxing around the campfire with peanut

1 comment:

Brandi Buehrer said...

Looks like everyone is having a busy fun Summer! Miss you guys!