Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Guess Who's Back?

So, flash back Christmas morning 2009. It's six thirty a.m. The Crazies are chomping at the bit to get downstairs to open gifts. Wade and I, still exhausted from a late night of assembling and wrapping gifts, lead the way down the stairs. And what's the first thing I see.... Who's still sitting on the shelf in the living room as the kids come down stairs to open presents. Elfie! Elfie who should have returned to the North Pole with Santa because his paying gig was up for the year... Oh Elfie, why can't I remember you?

Needless to say I quickly stuffed Elfie out of sight, and carried him upstairs. I hid him immediately in an old handbag in my closet. It was a great hiding spot. So good, I forgot all about moving him into his box in the attic.

Fast forward to yesterday morning... I have all my bags strewn about the floor. I am extremely sick of my current bag, but not yet mentally prepared to spend the big bucks on a suitable new bag. So I am pulling out an oldie but a goodie... Sofie is helping me... And out of her third selection she pulls Elfie.

Rylan immediately laughs with delight. Rylan loves Elfie. Ry looked right at me, and said "Mom look Elfie is back early this year, and his first spot was the inside of your purse!" Thinking quickly on my feet, I told the kiddos that Santa must have sent Elfie early this year because of all the fighting going on at our house.

I already forgot to move him last night, here's crossing my fingers that I can remember tonight!

1 comment:

Fran said...

It's a long time till Christmas. That reminds me I should take one to Shelly and James.
Love,
Grandma Fran