This past weekend for Wade and I's seventh anniversary we packed up the Crazies and the camper and headed to Giant City in Carbondale, IL. It was an amazing park with lots of hiking trails. The kids and dog could not have been any happier than when they were climbing mountains and squeezing into caves. We even had an amazing lunch at the Giant City Lodge. Here are some of my favorite photos from the weekend.










Noah and Rylan found a tree freshly cut down by a beaver...

As we were looking for a fishing spot for the kids, we stumbled across this pond. We noticed that there were quite a few people staring into the murky waters, but I honestly thought it would be no more than a turtle. But it was far from just a turtle. I was truely shocked by what I saw when I walked onto the dock.

The whole entire pond was speckled black. Millions (not an exaggeration) maybe billions... of black dots.

Upon closer inspection I realized they were tadpoles. Millions and millions of baby frogs or toads...

And of course somebody has to be there to control the amphibian population...
No comments:
Post a Comment