Monday, March 1, 2010

Pheasant's Forever in Des Moines, Iowa

So for Noah's birthday weekend, we were in Des Moines Iowa. Best Buy (Geek Squad) was a sponsor for a bird-hunting convention called Pheasant Fest. Check out the link if you're really curious. If you are just interested in a summary, here it is: Pheasant Fest is sponsored by the magazine Pheasants Forever. Pheasants Forever is primarily a pheasant hunting and conservation magazine. The convention was open to all hunting and conservation enthusiasts. The booths ran the gamut from crop conservation, dog food, dog kennels, dog trainers and even had an entire section for children. It was huge! And extremely interesting. We were there all day on Saturday and I felt like I missed out on most of it. The kiddos were most interested in the puppies. (So was I!) We petted every bird hunting breed imaginable. There were even a few breeds that I had never heard of. Our favorites, were the German Shorthaired Pointers and the German Wirehaired Pointers. Wade had to work for most of the day. He even had a meet and greet and photo with the US Department of Agriculture Secretary. He came fully staffed with The Secret Service. After the convention the kids and I headed back to the hotel for some swimming and take-out. Wade headed back to the convention for a banquet. On Sunday we picked up our souvenir from the convention and headed home. Here are some pictures from the convention.

http://www.pheasantfest.org/

Sofie and Rylan had a lesson on gun safety and phesant conservation.


Noah, Rylan and Sofie made pheasant buttons at the kids table.


Rylan practices fishing...

Noah take a turn at the kids archery booth.

Noah and Rylan wind down with a little ds tourney in bed...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun :-) And I love your "souvenir"

Fran said...

Noah, the pictures are great. Sydney is so cute.
Love,
Grandma Fran